Sunday 20 May 2012

Reflections on Costume

Reflections on Costume
I have thoroughly enjoyed this project I have been able to develop my learning in an area of performance which I have always enjoyed. Through, contextualising ballet in how the costumes and style has developed. I am pleased overall with my costume, I had wanted the fabric to look less handled. However, after I had to alter the bodice it left marks on the fabric and the piping looks a little worn. The decoration covers the area of the design line which is not exactly equal so, that is good although I wish I had sewn the piping on better.
I am pleased with the colour of the decoration against the white of the bodice and net. I think it reflects the design well but also highlights my interest in Degas paintings.
I feel that in third year that I would like to develop these skills and learn how to make a plate tutu although I would also like to make a historical costume as I feel this is something which is lacking within my portfolio.




No comments:

Post a Comment