Thursday 10 May 2012

Reflections on the Construction of the Tutu

Reflections on the Construction of the tutu
I found that my basque was not as neat as it should have been and I found that I made a few little mistakes because I did not look at the sample well enough. Therefore I have learnt the important lesson of always checking before going ahead and making something. I have however, through this project learnt new skills which I can use during third year and in the working environment so although I have made mistakes I can learn from them and improve my working skills.
I have also developed my skills in learning how to sew net which is hard because it has quite a lot of stretch on it so I found that on some of my panels it was about 1cm longer on one panel and not the other. It was very hard to get it so it didn’t pull in the end I found I just had to be very delicate and not put pressure on the net. I pinned my panels together and I think if I had not done this it would have been easier to keep both panels equal. However, it has not affected the overall look of the tutu which I am very pleased with. I enjoyed the gathering of the skirt onto the basque because I liked shaping it so that it was flatter at the front than at the back.
Although I found the levelling off of the tutu hard because it took so long trying to get it even I actually enjoyed this task as well because I could see my costume taking shape.
This has shown me just how much I enjoy ballet and I do think I want to continue this into third year.



1 comment:

  1. Can you show me a tutorial on how you make a romantic tutu?

    ReplyDelete