Thursday 19 April 2012

Inspiration for Costume

Ballet Costume I am Making
The inspiration for my costume is the ballet production La Sylphide which is a ballet blanc because all the chor are in white. The costumes are for Sylphs so they are ethereal creatures who live in the woods therefore our costumes have to have this delicate magical feel too them. For my costume I will be adding a little bit of colour as I am going to create blue petal like shapes which are being blown across the bodice and down the romantic tutu.


You can see the delicacy in the costume the way the romantic tutu moves and creates soft floaty movements as she lifts her leg and dances. I need to make a costume that has that delicacy for ballet costumes are not meant to look like they have been made with human hands. This is a skill which I am going to have to develop because I need to learn to take my time with costumes however; I also need to develop my skills at being quicker at producing my costumes.




No comments:

Post a Comment